Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Baby, you're a firework...





Happy belated Independence Day, gentle readers. I had way too much fun last night standing out in my very own driveway trying to capture the fruits of MANY neighbors' expensive hobby.

I finally figured out a small aperture and slow shutter makes for a nice exposure. I didn't use a tripod but experimented with holding the camera next to my belly while not breathing. I actually like the blur, it's very other-worldly.

Also, driving up the I-5 corridor on the 4th of July is the best of all worlds... crossing the trestle and looking at the intermittently smoky and sparkly panorama almost made me a bit emotional. Freedom is too wonderful for words sometimes.

2 comments:

ellen b. said...

Fun swirly shots! I was quite emotional this year on the 4th than most and I did take my hormone replacement so I know that wasn't my issue...

sara said...

I know, Ellen, I think of you and your new son-in-law serving our country... it is greatly appreciated :D