Monday, February 11, 2013


I feel the delicate steps of raising a daughter are approaching. Quickly. More quickly than I feel ready.  But I think feeling ready, or rather not, is an excuse.  Because I am equipped. I was a little girl, an awkward preteen, a self-conscious teenager, a young newlywed and I now I am pretty sure I am a woman.  So here I am.  It wasn't perfect, or always pretty, but I succeeded.  So I am equipped to lead my sweet girl through this.  I am not sure what will require more grace, loving her through the trials growing up or reliving all the stages as I do so.  God help me.

Here's a sweet little article, an encouragement to use my words wisely.  What you say and how you say it can make all the difference.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/kim-bongiorno/teaching-my-daughter-to-love-her-future-body_b_2490815.html

1 comment:

ellen b. said...

May God lead you and give you lots of grace for this chapter!!