Saturday, June 21, 2008

just an update

My children are growing.  Beau, who is 16 weeks old tomorrow, is now asleep in his size 3 diapers and his 6-9 month sleeper...big boy!  He also laughs quite readily and is getting so good at holding onto toys.  And he has such eyes for his big sister, who might eventually slow down enough to really notice it.

Speaking of sister, we have had two mornings in a row of dry Pull-ups!  Come to think of it, I actually didn't have to throw away any wet Pull-ups at all today!  Only one poopy one, but even that one still had its little heart shapes on the crotch indicating no wetness!  Of course, Number Two is a big deal and such a relief for us to be accomplished but I am finding Bradie is really encouraged by her successes (we all are!) and we're just playing those up as best we can! Naturally, however, every poopy pull up involves talking about the Barbie that is waiting to befriend Bradie when she finally chooses to go.  The biggest thing I am celebrating with this is that I have finally let go of the fear of failing...the more I do so, it seems to speak unspoken volumes to my little girl and success seems easier to come by.  Go figure, right? :)

Marcus is doing well, he even rode his bike with his friend Troy the other day!  Fatigue still sneaks in, but its not as bad as it was after chemo round one.  He also FINALLY finished Gilead, which I have been excited to read.  Let's see...I'll share something you may not know about Marcus, just for fun.  He is an extremely prepared consumer.  He knows exactly what bike I'll need, what shorts he will want this winter for basketball practices, and even knows what car we'll buy if (heaven forbid it!) our car breaks.  There is, no joke, a tab up on our computer about cultivated gem stones.  I mentioned in passing that I would not mind owning a cultivated diamond someday.  He's like my own personal shopper if I ever wanted one. Sometimes I feel bad for Marcus, that he is living this low income life when his interests lie in several tax brackets above.  But it doesn't stop at shopping.  He knows about all sorts of crazy stuff that I often call "useless crap" but really I find the etherea* of the computer/techno gadget world interesting but overwhelming.  Like that iPhone for instance.  You can, like, surf the internet on that thing! So in theory Marcus could be shopping at the mall and checking the web for other deals elsewhere.  It may bring back haggling to the mall, who knows? 

Does anyone know what a Ludite is?  Marcus calls me one occasionally when I scoff at his passion for technology.  Is it something to do with Tiffany's mom?  Does it have to do with revealing naked parts of yourself in public places?  Hmmm....I think tomorrow I'll go to the library and look it up in an encyclopedia.  :)

*etherea is apparently not a word per the red squiggle line...but shouldn't it be???

4 comments:

Erin Leigh said...

My vote is that it has something to do with Tiffany's mom... keep us posted. AND etherea is totally a word in my dictionary now.

tiffany jeanne said...

Marcus and Kory are much alike in the area of researching everything. I love it because it means less work for me...but big purchases take a long time nowadays because of the extent of the research. Sigh... So, yea, I think a Ludite is something to do with my mom. I laughed out loud at work when I read it!

Spiro said...

I love Gilead. I hope you like it.

laurab said...

You crack me up! I really enjoy reading your thoughts and think you are a well spoken, funny, insightful woman! Bless you and your family.